Minimum usable counts [was: Question]

Stephen Davies scldad at sdc.com.au
Thu May 21 05:49:00 CEST 2009

Thanks David.

I've put your patch into production and will feed back in a day or two.

Cheers,
Stephen

On Thursday 21 May 2009 12:46:05 David Relson wrote:
> On Thu, 21 May 2009 12:01:41 +0930
>
> Stephen Davies wrote:
> > I understand.
> >
> > My initial issue is with the obvious spams not being detected first
> > time round.
> > The first I see of them is in my inbox as ham - despite being so
> > obviously spam.
> >
> > If I save the email and run it through bogofilter -vvv, I get the
> > results I posted.
> >
> > I then use bogofilter -Ns to "fix" the database and this seems to
> > work - until the next spam with the same pattern but from a different
> > source arrives. (bogofilter -vvv at this stage gives bogosity of 1.0).
> >
> > I have changed my min-dev, robx and robs to 0.35, 0.7, 0.1 but first
> > indications are that this is not enough.
>
> ...[snip]...
>
> Hi Stephen,
>
> 'Tis an interesting idea to allow not scoring tokens whose spam and ham
> counts are low.  As an experiment, the attached patch for src/score.c
> will ignore tokens for which good_count+bad_count<3.  Give it a try and
> let me know what you think of it.
>
> Regards,
>
> David
>
> P.S.  If the patch works for you, we'll need a good name for the
> option.  Any suggestions?

Stephen Davies Consulting P/L                             Voice: 08-8177 1595
Adelaide, South Australia.                                Fax  : 08-8177 0133
Computing & Network solutions.                            Mobile:040 304 0583
                                          VoIP:sip:1132210 at sip1.bbpglobal.com