Question

RW rwmaillists at googlemail.com
Thu May 21 03:26:51 CEST 2009

On Thu, 21 May 2009 09:49:48 +0930
Stephen Davies <scldad at sdc.com.au> wrote:
> On Thursday 21 May 2009 06:33:00 Thomas Anderson wrote:
> > You have to adjust your robx and robs values.  They will determine
> > where never-before-seen and rarely-seen tokens get scored.  E.g. if
> > you set your robx within your "unsure" zone, new tokens will never
> > score as ham or spam.  And with your robs, you can ensure that
> > tokens seen only a few times also remain less influential.
>
> Thanks Tom. I found the doco and that looks like what I need.

Just to be clear though, these are not "never-before-seen and
rarely-seen tokens", they are tokens from spams that have been learned
as ham. If you have a setup where you expect high levels of
miss-training, then tuning Bogofilter to mitigate this is sensible -
otherwise I'd want to know why it's happening.