Training question

Stephen Davies scldad at sdc.com.au
Mon May 11 15:36:39 CEST 2009

The "good" numbers came from a period of a couple of days when my -Ns proc was
broken and, as I asked, I don't know how to get rid of them.

I do not use -u at all.

I "retrain" by running each undetected spam through bogofilter -Ns once and
then through bogofilter -s five times. I would expect - and the -w numbers
seem to confirm - that this stacks the stats against these texts.

Why does this not work?

Stephen

 On Monday 11 May 2009 19:01:34 Matthias Andree wrote:
> Am 11.05.2009, 07:15 Uhr, schrieb Stephen Davies <scldad at sdc.com.au>:
> > One of the very common types of spam recently is weight loss by taking
> > Acai
> > berries.
> >
> > I have received thousands of spams with this in the subject and/or body
> > and
> > have fed then all into bogofilter as spam (after first reversing the
> > initial
> > ham entry).
> >
> > My word  list now includes:
> >                                  spam   good
> > Acai                            16084    321
> >                                  spam   good
> > subj:Acai                        5464    352
> >

> > Despite this, I still see:
> > -bash-3.2# bogofilter -vvv < spam1 | grep Acai
> > "subj:Acai"                        5816  0.029983  0.015939  0.347094 -
> > "Acai"                            16406  0.027416  0.046919  0.631186 -
> >
> > What do I have to do to get these (and similar) words recognised as
> > definitely
> > spam?
>
> How come that >300 of these have been scored as good?
>
> If you are using bogofilter with "-u", be sure to THOROUGHLY retrain all
> unsures and mis-classified messages. If you cannot or do not want to do
> that, do not run bogofilter in "-u" mode.
>
> HTH

Stephen Davies Consulting P/L                             Voice: 08-8177 1595
Adelaide, South Australia.                                Fax  : 08-8177 0133
Computing & Network solutions.                            Mobile:040 304 0583
                                          VoIP:sip:1132210 at sip1.bbpglobal.com