persistent spam missed by bogofilter.

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Mon Sep 8 22:22:43 CEST 2008

On Mon, 8 Sep 2008 10:03:42 -0400
John Culleton wrote:

> I get several messages a day concerning imitation timepieces.  The
> word r-e-p-l-i-c-a without dashes of course is in the subject line of
> each. I always classify them as spam manually. For some reason
> bogofilter misses them. Is there a way that I can manually put this
> word in the bogofilter criteria? I can set up my own filter in Kmail
> but that seems to negate the need for an adaptive spam filter.
> --
> John Culleton

Hi John,

Command "bogoutil -p /path/to/wordlist.db subj:r-e-p-l-i-c-a" will give
you the ham and spam wordcounts and the score for the token.

Using the "-vv" option, as in "bogofilter -vv < msg" will let you see a
histogram of the message's tokens and using "-vvv" (instead of "-vv")
will show the scores for every token in the message.  The FAQ has a
more complete write-up of this.

Regards,