nan in bogofilter stats

Stephen Davies scldad at sdc.com.au
Wed Nov 19 02:19:44 CET 2008

OK. I brought back a backup wordlist and now get:

bogoutil -w wordlist.db .MSG_COUNT
                                 spam   good
.MSG_COUNT                     266713  12982

(Assuming that the previous spam count was correct, this implies nearly 20000
spams per month. Bogofilter has been busy!!)

I'll look at the change to TRANSACTIONAL also.

Cheers,
Stephen

On Wednesday 19 November 2008 11:33:36 David Relson wrote:
> On Wed, 19 Nov 2008 10:47:25 +1030
>
> Stephen Davies wrote:
> > Thanks for the feedback David.
> >
> > I get:
> >
> > bogoutil -w wordlist.db .MSG_COUNT
> >                                  spam   good
> > .MSG_COUNT                     312870      1
> >
> > What does this actually mean?
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Stephen
>
> To compute a token's spamicity, bogofilter needs to know how
> many spam and ham messages have been registered (in the
> wordlist).  .MSG_COUNT is the special token that provides this info.
>
> The numbers 312870 and 1 indicate that 312870 spam messages and 1 ham
> message have been registered.  The value 312870 is reasonable while the
> value 1 seems unreasonably low.
>
> FWIW, "bogoutil -d wordlist.db > wordlist.txt" will dump your wordlist
> as a text file.  Each line has a token, its spam and ham counts, and a
> timestamp.  .MSG_COUNT's "good" value _should_ be greater than any ham
> count.
>
> It might be time to start a new wordlist and register all the ham and
> spam you have available.  I'd also recommend backing up your wordlist
> periodically in case of future problems.  Lastly, switching from
> NON-TRANSACTIONAL bogofilter to TRANSACTIONAL bogofilter will provide a
> more secure database environment.
>
> HTH,
>
> David

Stephen Davies Consulting P/L                             Voice: 08-8177 1595
Adelaide, South Australia.                                Fax  : 08-8177 0133
Computing & Network solutions.                            Mobile:040 304 0583
                                          VoIP:sip:1132210 at sip1.bbpglobal.com