Bogotrain problem

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Thu May 15 11:34:08 CEST 2008

On Thursday 15 May 2008 09:11, Matthias Andree wrote:
> On Thu, 15 May 2008, Anne Wilson wrote:
> > I can no longer run bogotrain with the command I've used previously -
> >
> > /usr/share/bogofilter/contrib/contrib/trainbogo.sh -c -H
> > /home/anne/Maildir/.INBOX.bogotrain_ham/cur/ -S
> > /home/anne/Maildir/.INBOX.bogotrain_spam/cur/ bash:
> > /usr/share/bogofilter/contrib/contrib/trainbogo.sh: Permission denied
> >
> > ls -l /usr/share/bogofilter/contrib/contrib/trainbogo.sh
> > -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 9145 Jul 23
> > 2007 /usr/share/bogofilter/contrib/contrib/trainbogo.sh
> >
> > What do I need to do to correct this?  I would have thought that I would
> > only need read access?
>
> Scripts to be executed directly (with the interpreter specified in the
> "shebang", that is the #!, line at the very beginning) also require
> execute permission. Thus, you have two alternatives to fix:
>
> 1. run the command under "bash", the line would begin like this:
>    bash x /usr/share/bogofilter/contrib/contrib/trainbogo.sh -c  ...
>    then read permission suffices
>
> 2. add execute permission, as in:
>    chmod a+x /usr/share/bogofilter/contrib/contrib/trainbogo.sh
>    this will allow running trainbogo.sh directly.
>

> Another couple of questions:
>
> How did you install bogofilter? Binary package?
> If so, what distribution and version?
> - Why is there contrib/contrib/, not just contrib/?
> - Why does the script lack execute permission?
>
> (so we can possibly resolve this for others, if need be)

rpm -qi bogofilter
Name        : bogofilter                   Relocations: (not relocatable)
Version     : 1.1.7                             Vendor: Dag Apt Repository,
http://dag.wieers.com/apt/
Release     : 1.el5.rf                      Build Date: Sun 04 May 2008
10:47:47 PM BST
Install Date: Tue 13 May 2008 05:08:18 PM BST      Build Host:
lisse.leuven.wieers.com

So that answers your questions and mine :-)  It was updated a couple of days
ago.  Presumably that's where the permissions got changed.  Perhaps any
issues with this package should be reported to Dag Wieers.  I'll do that if
you tell me what, apart from the permissions issue, I need to report.

BTW, I assume the original install was also an rpmforge one.
The ...contrib/contrib was so before this upgrade.

Anne