Fighting bogus news spam

Sven Hoexter sven at timegate.de
Sun Jul 27 14:31:33 CEST 2008

On Sun, Jul 27, 2008 at 01:42:55PM +0200, Tomaž Šolc wrote:

> I just found this article about how to set up something similar on Exim4
> I'm using. So I might try this out.
>
> Have you seen any side effects? Like people getting bounced mail back?
>
> http://www.debian-administration.org/articles/167

You will have the effect of having a lot of mails delayed. If that's ok for
you it will help you to fight spam. It's not the final solution and in my
experience more and more spammers retry to fight greylisting but it still has
its share in the race.

Beside that a lot of people expect mail to be an instant communication channel
without delays. If you've some of them as customers they might get angry when
they find out about the greylisting stuff. ;)

Sven
--
If God passed a mic to me to speak
I'd say stay in bed, world