Fighting bogus news spam

John G Walker johngeoffreywalker at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Jul 26 18:56:29 CEST 2008

On Sat, 26 Jul 2008 17:10:51 +0200 Tomaž Šolc <tomaz.solc at tablix.org>
wrote:

> Recently however I've been getting around 20 mails per day that
> contain a short bogus news item in the subject and body. These beat
> bogofilter with ease since they do not contain any of the usual spam
> keywords. Also every mail seems to be different, so they also resist
> new bogofilter training.
>
> See below for some examples of such mails.
>
> I've been wondering if anyone has found a reliable way of fighting
> this new annoyance.

I think the thing to do is to patiently keep training. Bogofilter trains
on the whole message, including headers, not just the message body, and
eventually it will pick up on originating IP address and the like.
Unless every single one of these emails comes from a different PC,
never duplicated, Bogofilter will get them in time,

--
 All the best,
 John