Imap and bogofilter training

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Mon Jan 14 14:30:48 CET 2008

On Thursday 10 Jan 2008, Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Friday 28 Dec 2007, Anne Wilson wrote:
> >  I presume that I should empty the training
> > directories and start a clean collection.
>
> I did just that.  The Ham folder has 14 messages, and the Spam folder has
> 36. Running the command
>
> /usr/share/bogofilter/contrib/trainbogo.sh -H
> /home/anne/Maildir/.INBOX.bogotrain_ham/cur/ -S
> /home/anne/Maildir/.INBOX.bogotrain_spam/cur/
>
> brings
>
> Total   messages: 137
>
> Total        ham: 14
> Misdetected  ham: 0
>     retrain fail: 0
>
> Total       spam: 36
> Misdetected spam: 108
>     retrain fail: 108
>
> Done
>
> What has gone wrong?

It seems that bogotrain is looking for the IDs of the old messages that I
removed.  The current run says

Total   messages: 137

Total        ham: 10
Misdetected  ham: 0
    retrain fail: 0

Total       spam: 43
Misdetected spam: 108
    retrain fail: 108
 but in fact there are only 10 messages in ham and 43 in spam.  I see many
lines of

/usr/share/bogofilter/contrib/trainbogo.sh: line
237: /home/anne/Maildir/.INBOX.bogotrain_spam/cur//1197394234.P20404Q12.david.lydgate.lan:2,S:
No such file or directory

where the message number refers to old mail, no longer in that box.  Is there
anything I can do about it?

Anne