How do I filter out spam that turns up on mailing lists?

Sven Hoexter sven at timegate.de
Tue Jan 8 20:47:02 CET 2008

On Tue, Jan 08, 2008 at 08:22:34PM +0100, Nigel Henry wrote:
> On Tuesday 08 January 2008 00:14, David Relson wrote:

Hi,

> > What you _could_ do is create an ignore list with headers from the
> > debian list.  This would eliminate those tokens from the scoring
> > effectively telling bogofilter to score using only body tokens.
>
> Hi David. Thanks for your reply. Ironically the Debian list have fixed the
> spam problem. Someone had accidentally disabled the spamfilter.
>
> All the same, your suggestion for setting up an ignore list sounds like a good
> idea, and would enable me to deal with any future problems.

I'm subscribed to a dozen lists.d.o and lists.alioth.d.o mailinglist
and all I could recognize were ~20 instead of ~10 mails in my unsure folder
per 24h.
IMHO it's all about the training and you don't need any further fiddling with
spam tokens to survive such mistakes.

Sven
--
There's no need for tears, cause there's no need to cry.
That love that you leave will never be denied.