Filter breakers

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Sun Feb 10 14:55:10 CET 2008

On Sun, 10 Feb 2008 16:33:20 +1030
Stephen Davies wrote:

> G'day David.
> Interesting response, thank you. My original word base was a mixture
> of many tens of thousands of hams and spams and over the years that
> I only registered new spam, everything worked beautifully.
>
> I don't see how it could be relevant but it is only since I started
> registering new hams as well that I have been getting so many spams
> getting through.
>
> Cheers,
> Stephen

Stephen,

Having run bogofilter for 5 yrs now (yes, it's that old!) I've come to
recognize that it has a mind of its own.  It works very solidly -- for
most people - most of the time.  There are also a number of edge cases
where the results come as a surprise, for example the recently thread
on scoring a message with only a single significant token (and that
token had only been seen twice).  How to deal with such cases is often
puzzling as they often call for special code for handling the special
case -- which conflicts with the with for a general solution.

Enough rambling on my part....

Regards,