Training frustration

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Sun Feb 10 10:47:25 CET 2008

On Saturday 09 February 2008 20:12, mouss wrote:
> > There are now 18 messages in the spam folder and one in the ham folder.
> >  The end of the output is
> >
> > f/usr/share/bogofilter/contrib/contrib/trainbogo.sh: line
> > 212:
> > /home/anne/Maildir/.INBOX.bogotrain_ham/cur//1201357604.P12941Q452.borg2.
> >lydgate.net:2,S: No such file or directory
> >

> can you check to see that the file is still there? anything moving it in
> the middle of training?

There are now 19 messages in the spam folder - I empty the folders only when I
have successfully trained.  None of them have the above number.  No messages
have been deleted, just one added, so that begs the question as to why it's
looking for that number.

Is it possible that it is somehow adding the current list to a list that
existed when I trained before?  Just as on the old server, the first time I
ran the trainer everything was fine, but from the second time onwards I got
that strange message implying that a great many more messages had been fed to
the trainer than actually existed.

I have made sure that the folders were compacted after deleting old, trained,
messages.  I asked on the kde-pim list about the possibility of 'ghost'
identities being retained.  The only thing left is to wonder whether the list
that bogofilter handles is not empty when the new numbers are fed to it.

Anne