[Bogofilter]UNSURE messages end up in inbox folder

Daniel Moyne daniel.moyne at neuf.fr
Wed Aug 13 08:39:42 CEST 2008

Le Tuesday 12 August 2008, Nigel Henry a écrit :
> On Tuesday 12 August 2008 13:01, Daniel Moyne wrote:

> > > I'll come back on this problem tomorrow, as it's getting late. My
> > > version of bogofilter is quite old, but don't think that that is the
> > > problem.
> > >
> > > I'm also using an old version of Kmail on Fedora Core 2 (KDE 3.2.2),
> > > but should not affect the filters.
> > >
> > > Of course I may not be able to help much. I have bogofilter working
> > > with Kmail with no problems, but perhaps someone directly working with
> > > the bogofilter project may be able to offer better advice.
> > >
> > > Nigel.
> >
> > Nigel,
> > so far no other UNSURE mails so difficult to say whether it works fine or
> > not. Nigel still on you how-to
> >
> > Can we say that once you have done a run on "Spam" and "NonSpam" folders
> > there are no reasons to keep their content that can be dumped ; we still
> > have to keep these folders to dump in "Spam" some messages of "unsure"
> > after making sure they must be processed as spam, and dumping in
> > "NonSpam" some messages of "unsure" after making sure they must be
> > processed as non spam.
> >
> > Once the content of "Spam" and "NonSpam" folders hs been updated we can
> > ru you script on them.
> >
> > I am still wondering abot the use of "nonspamnew" folder.
> > Regards.
>
> Bonjour Daniel. Apologies for not replying. I got sidetracked with a KDE4
> problem on my Archlinux install, and forgot all about replying to you.
>
> This is only my way of using the Spam, and NonSpam folders, and I'm sure
> others may do things differently, but this is how it goes. Having created
> the Spam, and NonSpam folders, and before starting to use bogofilter, I
> started to fill the Spam folder with spam that was coming into the inbox.
> At the same time I put the same amount of genuine mail in the NonSpam
> folder. Now there are about 200 emails in both the Spam, and NonSpam
> folders.
>
> Now having downloaded, and installed bogofilter, and having created
> the .bogofilter directory in my /home/user directory, and also having
> created the bogofilter filter, and the the filters for ham, spam, and
> unsure, for the first, and only time I run bogofilter -sv -B Mail/Spam/cur,
> and bogofilter -nv -B Mail/Nonspam/cur.
>
> Now when you next check the mail, bogofilter now has a bunch of spam, and
> ham to work with, and can decide, based on the spam, and ham in the
> ~/.bogofilter/wordlist.db, where to send the incoming mail. Mail that is
> obviously ham will be sent to the inbox. Mail that is obviously spam, will
> be sent to the wastebin, but personally I set up another folder, which I've
> named spamcheck, so that the spam goes there first, and I can make sure
> that no genuine messages havn't been wrongly identified as spam. After that
> I can empty the spamcheck contents into the wastebin.
>
> Now onto the unsure folder. Some spam can look like genuine email, or the
> [...]
Nigel, thanks for all these details ; I have found what was wrong about UNSURE
messages wrongly forwarded : I had "X-Bogosity " set in filter rather than "X-
Bogosity".

I have to leave for a few days ; when I am back I will have to go back to your
4 filters as set in my KMail KDE-4 and compare their efficiency with what I
had set in my KMail KDE-3 baucuse apparently training on Bogofilter is not as
good : some spam messages keep coming back

Daniel.
--
               kernel 2.6.24-19-generic   / --- \ ATI Radeon X300 Express