spam goes through

Dmitry vdb at mail.ru
Mon Sep 3 00:33:01 CEST 2007

Hello!

I can't find good remedy against "bigger pe*nis" kind of spam ;)

Bogofilter seems to be very ineffective fighting with such spam even after
training on hundreds of sample letters with similar phrases. Spammicity
never gets past the 0.97% for new spam letters.

Diagnostics:

$ bogoutil -p ~/.bogofilter/wordlist.db .MSG_COUNT
                                 spam    good    Fisher
.MSG_COUNT                       3286      32  0.500000

$ bogoutil -p ~/.bogofilter/wordlist.db 'pe*nis'
                                 spam    good    Fisher
(nothing here, why?)

$ bogoutil -p ~/.bogofilter/wordlist.db penis
                                 spam    good    Fisher
penis                              12       0  0.999289

I am running bogofilter-sqlite version 1.1.5.

bogofilter.cf changed parameters:
unicode=yes
block_on_subnets=yes
ham_cutoff = 0.45