Multi-user setup with procmail, bogofilter and IMAP folders

Sven Hoexter sven at timegate.de
Tue Oct 16 13:03:17 CEST 2007

Hi,
I've been searching for some kind of pratical reports from people using
bogofilter in a multi-user setup were the user can sort the mail in IMAP
folders and everyone has his own database.
Since I couldn't find something that would fit my needs for a slightly
homegrown enviroment with a dozen users partly with shell access and partly
without I started to write down my ideas and created a proof of concept
implementation.

Beside the fact that some of the shell scripts used for maintenance are
still a bit hackish it seems to work.

My collection of thoughts and sample implemantion can be found here:
http://sven.stormbind.net/project-laura/project-laura-techdoc.html

What I'm seeking now is some new input from people who maybe did simlar
setups and maybe have more robust scripts and maybe solved other problems
I did not discover yet in such an enviroment.

Cheers,
Sven
--
I want to believe in a freedom that's bold
But all I remember is the freedom of old