How to remove words from the wordlist.db?

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Tue Nov 27 01:34:39 CET 2007

On Mon, 26 Nov 2007 16:53:25 +0000 (UTC)
Stefan wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a wrong trained (-u) database and some words really wrong:
> ph*nt*rmine                       117     656  0.033104
>
> The "*" are to be replaced by an "e".
>
> How do I remove such a word from the wordlist database, or how do I
> change its values?
>
> Thank you in advance
> Stefan

Hello Stefan,

If you've got errors caused by -u, the correct thing to do is
unregister, then register, the messages that were incorrectly
processed.  For example a false positive, i.e. ham registered as spam,
would be processed with:

    bogofilter -Sn < message

which will unregister the message as spam (the "-S") then register it
as ham (the "-n").

Alternatively using grep with bogoutil's dump and load capabilities one
_can_ remove words.  For example to remove phentermine you could run:

   bogoutil -d wordlist.db | \
   grep -v ^phentermine | \
   bogoutil -l wordlist.new.db

Hope this helps :->