Too many "unsures"

Kirrily Robert lists at infotrope.net
Wed May 9 02:44:44 CEST 2007

A little further investigation shows that a lot of the things that are
landing in my "unsure" folder do in fact have a Bogosity of 0 or 1
exactly.  The code that was putting them in the unsure folder was:

open my $bf,  "| bogofilter";
print $bf $mail->simple->as_string;
close $bf;
my $result = $? >> 8;
if ($result == 0) {
    my_accept("$MAILDIR/bogofilter/spam");
    exit;
} elsif ($result == 1) {
    my_accept("$MAILDIR/bogofilter/ham");
} else {
    my_accept("$MAILDIR/bogofilter/error");
}

Turns out that that "else" was insufficiently detailed.  When I change
the last couple of lines to:

} elsif ($result == 2) {
    my_accept("$MAILDIR/bogofilter/unsure");
} else {
    my_accept("$MAILDIR/bogofilter/error");
}

... I see that a lot of what was previously landing in my "unsure" folder
is now landing in the new "error" folder.  So bogofilter is returning
some kind of I/O error very frequently.

Still no idea what's causing that; the suggestions given in the manpage
don't seem to apply: the wordlist's definitely there, and is found
intermittently at least, and the disk space is fine (I'm on a shared
server with vast quantities of disk.)

K.

--
Kirrily Robert