Too many "unsures"

Kirrily Robert lists at infotrope.net
Tue May 8 03:20:02 CEST 2007

I installed bogofilter about a month ago and initially trained it on a
hundred or so of spam and ham.  I then set up a mail filter which puts
spam in a junk folder and ham/unsure in my inbox.  It also puts a copy
of unsures into an "unsure" folder, so that I can go and make sure that
I manually mark them as spam/ham.  I do this via a mutt alias which
calls bogofilter -n or bogofilter -s on each email.

Problem is, after a month or so of training, I'm still getting hundreds
of "unsures" a day.  This morning's batch (164 messages) was about 20%
spam but the rest ham, much of it from mailing list threads that have
been talking about the same subject for days or weeks.  Surely it
should've figured out that that thread's ham by now?

So I looked at the list archives and found this thread:
http://www.bogofilter.org/pipermail/bogofilter/2007-March/009176.html

I tried running bogoutil -p on my wordlist.db, but it hung, so I can't
see whether my spam and ham were getting registered.

Here's what -V tells me:

bogofilter version 1.1.5
    Database: Sleepycat Software: Berkeley DB 3.2.9: (February  1, 2005) AUTO-XA

Any suggestions?

K.

--
Kirrily Robert