All messages are UNSURE??

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Wed Mar 21 23:52:14 CET 2007

On Wed, 21 Mar 2007 11:56:02 -0300
Leonardo F. Dan wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm installed bogofilter in my fedora 5, but all messages are marked
> as "UNSURE" with the line below in header:

...[snip]...

> the output of the command bogoutil -p  /var/db/bogofilter/wordlist.db
> .MSG_COUNT:
>
>                                   spam    good    Fisher
> .MSG_COUNT                         35       0  nan
>

> Anyone have a idea?
>
> Thanks!

Leonardo,

A well formed query!  It provides _all_ the info needed to diagnose the
problem.

.MSG_COUNT shows that you've registered 35 spam messages and 0 (zero)
good (ham) messages.  Bogofilter can be thought of as a "comparator".
It compares an incoming message to lists of known good and known spam
tokens and derives the spam/ham score from that comparison.  With zero
good messages to refer to, bogofilter is severely handicapped and can
only report that it's "unsure".

Register some ham messages.  As few as 10 messages will give bogofilter
a basis for comparison.  Of course, don't stop at 10 :->

Regards,