Training on sent mail

John G Walker johngwalker at tiscali.co.uk
Mon Jan 22 01:20:55 CET 2007

On Mon, 22 Jan 2007 11:02:39 +1100 Malcolm Ryan
<malcolmr at cse.unsw.edu.au> wrote:

> Is there any way to train bogofilter on my _sent_ mail, so it gets
> to know the people I usually correspond with? Sometimes I send mail
> to someone, only to have their response labelled as spam or unsure.
> A properly intelligent system shouldn't let this happen. Is there
> any appropriate bogofilter/procmail magic I could weave to fix it?

If you run bogofilter using -B option, followed by the list of files
containing the sent mails in question, and the -n option to tell
bogofilter that you want these mails classed as non-spam, this should
do what you want.

You can also follow the -B option with a directory name, but I've
never tried that. i presume it works, since I've not seen anyone
complaining, :)

--
 All the best,
 John