linuxnewmedia press

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Fri Jan 19 23:32:13 CET 2007

I forbid to publish this (or extracts thereof) anywhere outside the
official bogofilter archives where this will automatically be stored.

Tom Allison wrote:

> congratulations on 11% of the votes for best anti-spam solution.

Thanks, but what, where, how is going on? I'm not aware I've asked for,
applied to or even been aware of anything like that, neither had David.

Personally (which means this is *not* the official bogofilter opinion),
I find it irritating that one of our users -- or supporters, I should
write -- had to draw our attention to that doubtful fame. Thank you for
mentioning it!

If Linux New Media (LNM henceforth) bore some trace of decency, they'd
have dropped us a hint before going public, and a serious publisher
would have sent a voucher copy, too - and if only in the form of a URL
of a downloadable PDF.

But LNM cannot even seem to be bothered to spell our project's proper
name correctly, so I'd been wondering what significance this "award" has
at all - more so since the Jury display takes as much room as the actual
text. I'll rather not ask how they arrange their priorities, but this
doesn't look serious.

Of course they're free to prove me wrong, but that would be a surprise
to me.

-- Matthias