procmail: Timeout, terminating "/usr/bin/bogofilter"

Daniel Leidert daniel.leidert.spam at gmx.net
Thu Jan 18 12:31:43 CET 2007

Am Montag, den 15.01.2007, 23:50 +0100 schrieb Matthias Andree:
> Daniel Leidert <daniel.leidert.spam at gmx.net> writes:
> > Am Sonntag, den 14.01.2007, 18:47 +0100 schrieb Matthias Andree:

[..]
> >> I'd say avoid running more than a few dozen bogofilter processes at the
> >> same time, the more you run, the more contention you'll experience
> >
> > Logical. Because of this I asked for a build-in possibility to reduce
> > the number of running processes.
>
> A local lockfile in procmail should do the job and not execute more than
> one bogofilter process at a time. If you have, for instance,
>
> :0fw
> | bogofilter -e -p
>
> make that (mind the colon at the end of the :0 line):
>
> :0fw:
> |bogofilter -e -p

ACK. That helps. But this rule needs a lockfile to avoid procmail
complaints:

:0fw: bogofilter.lock
|bogofilter ...

[..]
> Running not too many delivery processes in parallel is what you're
> after, but I don't know how to word this as an exim.conf block.

That's really a pain. It's only possible with queue_only set and then
you need to run queue runner processes yourself. The workaround in
procmail seems the better alternative for me and auto-update was turned
on again.

Regards, Daniel