Bogofilter Behaviour on encountering error is unacceptable.

K T Ligesh ligesh at lxlabs.com
Wed Feb 21 00:47:57 CET 2007

On Wed, Feb 21, 2007 at 12:28:48AM +0100, Matthias Andree wrote:
> I don't care what third-party software that bogofilter doesn't interact
> with is doing. If you want spamassassin, use spamassassin.
>
> >  My idea of spam filter is one that will _tag_ the message if it can, and leave the message unaltered when it can't. Isn't that much more logical and simple behaviour?
>
> I got your expectation, but bogofilter isn't doing that and isn't going
> to. Use maildrop, procmail, write a .qmail snippet...

 Yeah, ok. I am going to write a small c program to do what I want. Hey, I am not trying to offend you here. You have a software that behaves in a particular way.  It is not your fault that it doesn't meet my specific needs. I like bogofilter much more than spamassassin. I mean, hard coded heuristics are just plain stupid. I wouldn't even dream of publishing a software like that if I had written it. :-)

 Thanks.