Update fra version 1.0.1 to 1.1.5

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Sun Feb 11 18:34:14 CET 2007

On Sun, 11 Feb 2007 16:09:00 +0000
John G Walker wrote:

> > > Hi,
> > > I have done that, and the date is january 2006. I have Suse 10.1
> > > on my linuxbox, does it make a difference when it comes to update
> > > the program?
> > >
> > > Dag
> >
> > Dag,
> >
> > I'm not a SUSE user and am not familiar with the Zen updater. What
> > does it do?
>
> According to the bogofiter web page at
> http://bogofilter.sourceforge.net/distros.shtml, the latest version
> for Suse 10.1 is 1.0.1.
>
> I'm running Suse 10.0, and the latest version for that, according to
> that web page, is 0.95.2-2.2, which is what I'm running.
>
> I think the problem may be that bogofilter for SuSE is not up-to-date,
>
> --
>  All the best,
>  John

John,

You may be right, although distros.shtml is not (unfortunately) an
authoritative source.  distros.shtml is an attempt by the bogofilter
team, i.e. Matthias and me, to show the bogofilter versions offered by
various distros.

If a distro updates its bogofilter and we aren't aware of the fact,
then distros.shtml becomes out of date.  We all know the different
distros update packages according to _their_ schedules, so there's no
guaranteed way to keep the list current.

To further complicate the matter, there are dedicated individuals who
provide updated packages for older distro versions.  This is an
invaluable service to users who know of the individuals, but further
complicates the content of distros.shtml as it's unclear whether
official and/or unofficial updates should be listed.  Isn't life fun?

Regards,