Give me spam!

mouss mlist.only at free.fr
Thu Feb 8 22:45:08 CET 2007

Waqar Sheikh wrote:
> Attention spammers:
>
>     I am in the process of developing a spam filter for which I need
> spam messages. Please send me lots of spam to:
>
>              attract.spam at gmail.com

if gmail see this post, I'm not sure you'll get much mail. and even if
they don't see it, they have shown a tendency to discard mail. either
way, you won't go far.

as others said:
- solicited mail is not spam
- people can send you legitimate mail

also, don't use other people's resources (as far as I know, gmail is
free) for your experiments. use your own server instead.

PS. I have a lot of "abandoned" addresses that I don't use as trap, just
because there is a risk that someone finds them in old archives and
sends a legitimate mail.