newsgroup spam

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Sun Aug 19 23:06:25 CEST 2007

On Sun, 19 Aug 2007 21:30:52 +0100
R Kimber wrote:

> Could bogofilter be used to filter spam in newsgroups?
>
> comp.os.linux.misc    is currently being flooded with spam that it's
> hard to exclude reliably with scoring rules in Pan.
>
> Has anyone explored a way of using it in conjunction with leafnode,
> say?
>
> - Richard
> --
> Richard Kimber
> http://www.psr.keele.ac.uk/

H'lo Ricahrd,

There's no reason I can think of why bogofilter couldn't be used for
newsgroup spam filtering.  The details would, of course, depend on the
software running the newsgroup.  If the software has a filtering
mechanism, for example subscriber/non-subscriber, it should be possible
to include bogofilter as JAF ( "just another filter" ).

HTH,