Easy way to convert POPFile database to Bogofilter?

Matt England mengland at mengland.net
Tue Aug 14 14:49:32 CEST 2007

(I resend this message because the first one I sent did not show up in the
Bogofilter list archives, possibly because my original note was sent from
an email list that was not subscribed.  My apologies if you're seeing this
twice.)

I'm looking for the easiest way possible I can convert a longstanding
POPFile Bayesian data collection to a Bogofilter system.

For now, I plan to convert the sqlite-based POPFile data via a script that
I create (probably in Python) to a Bogofilter format for a Bogofilter,
server-based import.

Thing is, I don't want to have to do this work from scratch, and I'd prefer
to reuse some mechanism (Bogofilter feature or third-party script or
something else?) that already exists to do this.  If nothing exists, can
anyone offer any specific pointers on how to do this (eg, making sure I'm
looking at the right Bogofilter-import-format specs--I can't find any in a
quick documentation search, I'm only getting a format spec told to me by
the admin of the bogofilter server)?  This work doesn't appear to be that
hard at first glance, but I don't want to presume too much.

Thanks for any help,
-Matt