Bogofilter problem

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Tue Sep 19 00:02:21 CEST 2006

On Mon, 18 Sep 2006 12:36:45 -0400
Richard wrote:

> Need some bogofilter help please...
>
> First:		Running Kubuntu Linux Edgy knot3 6.xx
> Second: 	Bogofilter is installed by default along with
> KMail..etc Third: 		Bogofilter is not working moving
> spam into trash folder Fourth:		Bogofilter database
> know is over 9.1 MB (trained ) ----------
> Filter Rules (Configure Filters)
>

> Filter Name: Bogofilter Check
> 	Match All
> 	<size> is less than or equal to  256000 bytes
> 	pipe through  bogofilter -p -e -u
>
> --
> Filter Name: Spam Handling
> 	Match Any
> 	X-Bogosity  matches reqular expr.  (yes)|(spam\b)
> 	Move into folder  Trash

Hello Richard,

As you know, bogofilter classifies messages.  The job of moving the
message to a particular folder is handled by the mail client program.
In your case that seems to be KMail.

I'm not familiar with KMail and have a question on the Spam Handling
filter.  Does "\b" stand for whitespace? Since the standard X-Bogosity line has
"spam," in it so a whitespace test won't work.

Let us know if this is enough info.  If not, I'm sure one of the KMail
users on this list will be able to supply additional help.

Regards,