Training with Maildir & Mutt ..

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Wed Oct 18 13:29:03 CEST 2006

On Wed, 18 Oct 2006 19:15:52 +1300
Adam Bogacki wrote:

> Hi,
>
> 	as a new bogofilter user, I read the instructions at
>
> < http://bogofilter.sourceforge.net/faq.shtml#training > that
> recommended training includes
>
> bogofilter -s < spam.mbox
>
> 	I'm using Maildir and Mutt with ~400 spam in
> /home/adam/Maildir/Spam/cur and a similar number in
> /home/adam/Maildir/Spam/new ..
>
> sa-learn appeared to work with /home/adam/Maildir/Spam.
>
> 	With bogofilter I get
>
> Tux:/home/adam# bogofilter -s < /home/adam/Maildir/Spam
> stdin: Is a directory
> Tux:/home/adam# bogofilter -s < /home/adam/Maildir/Spam/cur
> stdin: Is a directory
> Tux:/home/adam# bogofilter -s < /home/adam/Maildir/Spam/new
> stdin: Is a directory
>
> 	Can anyone advise an appropriate way to do this ?
>
> Cheers,
>
> --
> Adam Bogacki,

Hi Adam,

Redirection, i.e. "<", works only for files.  It does not work for
directories.

The "-I" (input) option can be used to name a single input source (file
or directory).  The "-B" (bulk mode) option can be used to specify
multiple input sources.

Using '-v' (verbose) is also recommended.  It will give you some
information about what happens, which is useful for verifying that
the command you typed did what you want.

For example,

  bogofilter -s -v -B msg.1 msg.2 msg.3

will print a line of form

  # 137 words, 3 messages