Re the spam posts to the list

Nigel Henry cave.dnb at tiscali.fr
Sun Oct 15 22:22:18 CEST 2006

On Sunday 15 October 2006 21:38, David Relson wrote:
> On Sun, 15 Oct 2006 20:50:37 +0200
>
> Nigel Henry wrote:
> > My ISP won't even let me post a reply to the list regarding that spam
> > that came on the list. Just to reply about it. Bogofilter put it in
> > the unsure box, which is better than the spam on the video4linux list
> > which has been ending up in the inbox. Back to training Bogofilter.
> >
> > I suppose it's a step in the right direction if the ISP is stopping
> > outgoing mail when headers starting with "Med" are being sent through
> > SMTP, but ironic that I am still receiving many mails directly
> > addressed to my email address, but many times with different names
> > before my email address.
> >
> > All a bit mind boggling.
> >
> > Nigel.
>
> Nigel,
>
> Are you saying that you're receiving spam from the bogofilter mailing
> list?  If so, please email one (with full headers) directly to me
> (off-list).
>
> Thanks.
>
> David

Can't do that. Probably because I am getting a bit annoyed at getting spam
relayed from the video4linux list, for the first time I have sent a spam in
the unsure box straight to the wastebin, and ironically I've only recently
emptied it. Job done. Spam gone, I suppose. Perhaps someone else who has
received it, and still has it can send you it intact with all headers. For
reference, that is if I can send this mail using these words, it was headed
"Re: Medications & so on"

Nigel.