Inline image based spam

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Sat Oct 7 01:08:26 CEST 2006

On Fri, 6 Oct 2006 15:57:09 -0700
John Villalovos wrote:

> On 10/6/06, Dwayne Hottinger <dhottinger at harrisonburg.k12.va.us>
> wrote:
> >I wonder if you couldnt have the
> > message go straight to a quarantine folder?
>
> I just had it add the header and then do the bogofilter processing
> after I have put the header in.  I am hoping that bogofilter will
> train on the header and it will help with the spam filtering.  So if
> it is spam it will get moved to the spam folder.

Bogofilter recognizes the header lines and adds prefixes to all header
tokens before scoring the message.  Most header tokens get a "head:"
prefix, but tokens in the "To:", "From:", "Return-Path:, and
"Subject:" lines get special tokens.  Adding header lines will
add more tokens to use in scoring, which will help.  The open
question, though, is whether adding 1 or 2 (or even 5) tokens
will make a noticeable difference.

HTH,