proxy or network daemons

Jimmy Tang jtang at tchpc.tcd.ie
Mon Nov 6 13:44:50 CET 2006

Hi,

On Mon, Nov 06, 2006 at 07:33:42AM -0500, Tom Allison wrote:
> I'm fiddling with my mail server and am trying to see if I can fit bogofilter
> into a network socket in my postfix mail server, much like Amavis.
>
> I know bogofilter isn't net_socket capable.  But I was thinking of a quickie
> script in perl to do something like wrapper the network sockets to pipes for
> both input and output and see what happens.
>
> But I can't imagine I'm the first one to ever think of this....
>
> Anyone tried this before?

i was looking into something similar myself a few weeks back, but i ended
up just using one of the contributed sample scripts that comes with the
bogofilter tarball

see bogofilter-1.1.1/doc/integrating-with-postfix

following that piece of documentation will allow you scan all incoming
and outgoing emails

Jimmy.

--
Jimmy Tang
Trinity Centre for High Performance Computing,