a dot alone in a line (bug?)

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Fri May 19 04:13:40 CEST 2006

On Fri, 19 May 2006 02:50:44 +0200
Matthias Andree wrote:

> Dominique VOLPE <dominique.volpe at dpma.finances.gouv.fr> writes:
>
> > I examined the sources of Bogofilter and I found these lines in
> > "bogoreader.c" (line 567):
> >
> >          if ((count == 2 || count == 3) &&
> > 	    (buf[0] == '.') &&
> > 	    (buf[1] == '\r' || buf[1] == '\n'))
> >              dot_found = true;
>
> I seem to recall that this is stuff which is supposed to run only for
> the RISC-OS based ANT format.
>
> Please, everyone having difficulties with truncated lines, show the
> integration code you use to interface bogofilter to Postfix (both
> sides, Postfix->bogofilter and bogofilter->Postfix), and where
> fetchmail is involved, the .fetchmailrc with passwords masked out.

Works fine here.  I created a file with a <dot> by itself, ran
"bogofilter -p <msg.dot.txt > msg.dot.out" and compared the input
and output files.  The difference is the X-Bogosity line.

The console output is below and also in the attached file (in case the
message gets nuked by a mailer :-)

If anybody has a file like msg.dot.txt that _does_ get nuked by
bogofilter, please send a copy to me.

Regards,

David

[relson at osage cvs]$ cat msg.dot.txt