a dot alone in a line (bug?)

Dominique VOLPE dominique.volpe at dpma.finances.gouv.fr
Thu May 18 23:15:08 CEST 2006

Le 18/05/2006 22:32, Tom Anderson a écrit :
> Dominique,
>
> Typically a dot alone on a line signifies to Sendmail when it is
> receiving info on STDIN that the message has finished.  This should not
> be the case when dealing with files.  My hunch is that this has
> something to do with how you're sending/receiving email, not with
> bogofilter.  Is your mail being delivered through a web form?

I have just made some tests (from several Webmail and from Thunderbird).
Each time, the message was truncated starting from the line containing a
point alone.
I read the received messages with Thunderbird.

My gateway has : Postfix -> Bogofilter -> Postfix

I examined the sources of Bogofilter and I found these lines in
"bogoreader.c" (line 567):

         if ((count == 2 || count == 3) &&
             dot_found = true;

Thus, Bogofilter does a particular treatment when it find a single dot
in a line.
I did not found what it does, because I don't know C language enough.

Dominique