repeately database corruption after some time

Christian Parpart trapni at gentoo.org
Wed Mar 22 04:15:58 CET 2006

On Wednesday 22 March 2006 03:57, David Relson wrote:
> On Wed, 22 Mar 2006 03:49:16 +0100
>
> Christian Parpart wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > We are running repeatily into the problem, that bogofilter refuses to
> > filter the mails after some certain time of having been run greatly in
> > success.
> >
> > But we just can't reinitiate the users' database each and every time.
> >
> > However, the error  that occurs look like:
> >
> > Mar 17 16:30:50 himura postfix/local[29724]:
> > 9377A79DA3D: to=<trapni at SERVER>, orig_to=<trapni at SERVER>, relay=local,
> > delay=0, status=deferred
> > (temporary failure. Command output: bogofilter[810]:
> > error: the data base file size is only 16 pages bogofilter[810]:
> >         below the resource limit. Cowardly refusing bogofilter[810]:
> >         to continue to avoid data base corruption.
> > procmail: Error while writing to "bogofilter"
> > procmail: Rescue of unfiltered data succeeded )
> >
> > My guess was that the database file might have exceeded some certain
> > limit of size/whatever.
> >
> > My wordlist.db actually is 51M, but can't use it anymore, as I myself get
> > this error, too. Removing about 500 spam mails by traversing through all
> > maildirs each day is a pain, so, I really hope to get an answer here...
> >
> > Thanks in advance,
> > Christian Parpart.
>
> Hi Christian,
>
> Odds are that you're running into a mailbox size limit imposed by
> postfix.  Try running "postconf | grep mailbox_size_limit" to see what
> your current setting is.  Additional information is in the FAQ under
> heading "Why am I getting DB_PAGE_NOTFOUND messages?"

Hey David,

thanks for the fast reply. The command you gave me results into:

mailbox_size_limit = 51200000

As said, I'm getting an incredable amount of spam each day, and bogofilter
frees me of 97% of all of them.

What I do not understand immediately is that DB_PAGE_NOTFOUND relation to my
problem. I mean, I was grepping the FAQ for my problem but didn't really know
that it was directly related to postfix itself.

I increased the value by 4. I suppose it works from now on, lets see.

Many thanks,
Christian Parpart.