compactifying the database

Anatoly Vorobey avorobey at pobox.com
Wed Mar 15 10:52:02 CET 2006

Hello,

I installed bogofilter-sqlite (a Ubuntu package). It works great,
and before I ask an actual question, please let me shout a heartfelt
THANK YOU to the developers. I used to run SpamAssassin, which needed
heavy tweaking and frequent upgrades to work tolerably; and later
Thunderbird's own filtering, which was terrible. Bogofilter solves my
300-spams-a-day problem.

It does seem to slow down a bit after a week of running. wordlist.db
is 17Mb now and I thought it might need to be compacted somehow.
However, the bf_compact-sqlite script included in the package doesn't
wor, as it tries to call * rather than *-sqlite programs; and when I
changed it to call the right executables, bogofilter complains that
it doesn't understand --db-transaction.

My question: is there a need/an ability to compact the database in the
SQLite version, and if so, how?

Thanks a lot,
Anatoly.