fedora core 5 problems

OTR Comm otrcomm at isp-systems.net
Thu Jun 8 06:37:18 CEST 2006

hello all,

it has been a number of years since i have monitored this list, so if i ask
some redundent questions, please forgive.

i have fedora core 5 system, kernel 2.6.15-1.2054_FC5smp, berkeleydb 4.3,
gsl-1.8, and trying to get bogofilter 1.0.2 operating.

i can get it to compile fine, but it is not classifying messages like i
specify.  i like to start with a clean slate without using a corpus, so i
start with a single message.

i am on my system as root,and sitting in the directory where i have a single
message, then i give the command:

cat * | bogofilter -n -v

and the response is:

Created directory /root/.bogofilter .
# 49 words, 1 message

good so far.  then i give the command:

bogofilter -e -p -d /root/.bogofilter -B * | grep Bogosity | grep spamicity
and i get:

and this is not correct since i had initially told bogofilter to register
the message as ham.

could somene please tell me what is going wrong here?

btw, i have bogofilter 0.90 that i installed three years ago running on
other redhat boxes, and have 0.90 runnng under cygwin on some windows boxes
(nt, xp, and 2k), but i can not get 1.0.2 running under fedoar core 5.

thanks,

murrah boswell