DB_INIT_LOCK deadlocks?

John xd890cc2b41c31d74 at f4n.org
Sun Jan 29 19:37:19 CET 2006

On Sun, Jan 29, 2006 at 17:20:17 +0100, Matthias Andree wrote:
> I haven't much info to post here - I've never seen this hang in
> configure, and it is not supposed to.
>
> OTOH, bogofilter no longer uses the Berkeley DB lock system, so we
> should change the test for 1.0.2 and use _LOG and _TXN instead, for
> consistency (committed to CVS). I am not confident though that this
> might fix the OpenBSD hang. I rather doubt it, but I'd be interested to
> hear if it works:

configure runs fine with patch:
checking if Berkeley DB supports shared environments... yes

I also tried the old DB_INIT_LOCK-version with different versions of
Berkeley DB compiled from source, but it only added to the confusion:
4.1.25, 4.2.52 (!) and 4.4.20 configured OK, but 4.3.29 deadlocked.

Unfortunately, I don't have time to investigate this properly at the
moment, so I'll just hope the weirdness is isolated in the locking
code not used by bogofilter.

Thank you both for your help!

(Oh, and by the way, mail to the list appears to generate bounces
for paulk at girlscoutsht.org and one from Mailer-Daemon at fc.vdu.lt
concerning "beachhead,VDU FCIS". It's great how everyone respects the
return-path.)