Berkeley db vers. 4.4.20

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Wed Jan 18 00:37:08 CET 2006

On Mon, 16 Jan 2006 15:29:03
djh wrote:

> <If I have sent this mail below, I apologize. I lost track going through documentation and the editor crashed on me.>
>
> I have a question regarding the database code in bogofilter.
>
> Background:
>
> Platform: CYGWIN_NT-5.1 1.5.18(0.132/4/2) 2005-07-02
> Bogofilter:  bogofilter-1.0.1
>     Berkeley Database information from /usr/include/db.h
> 	  #define	DB_VERSION_MAJOR	4
> 	  #define	DB_VERSION_MINOR	4
> 	  #define	DB_VERSION_PATCH	20
> 	  #define	DB_VERSION_STRING	"Sleepycat Software: Berkeley DB 4.4.20: (January 10, 2006)"
>

> Bogofilter does compiler well and seems to run well.
>
> But, am I deluding myself?  Or does bogofilter support db 4.4.20?
>
> In the bogofilter source file:
>    	   			  		 		 datastore_db.c
>

> There is only mention of berkeley db up to 4.2 (looked like one mention of 4.3).
>
> I presume I was lucky and there were no interface changes in db 4.4.20, but
> I have to be mistaken.
>
> Is there any way to test this?
>
> Regards,
>   Darel Henman

Hello Darel,

File doc/README.db mentions that Berkeley DB 4.4.16 is supported by
bogofilter.  As 4.4.20 is a bug fix release, there should be no
problems with it.  When you built bogofilter with 4.4.20 did you use
"make check"?  Doing this tests the basic functionality of the
bogofilter/database combination (as compared to exhaustive testing).

Also, last week Matthias did some testing with 4.4.20, and updated
README.db with commit message "4.4.20 has a dozen bug fixes, half of
them important, so bump the requirement".

So, 4.4.20 is an excellent choice for you.

Regards,

David

P.S.  Subscribing to the bogofilter mailing list will avoid delays
incurred while waiting for the list admin to notice and approve your
postings.