bogofilter y postfix

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Fri Jan 13 00:15:47 CET 2006

On Thu, 12 Jan 2006, Fabian Donoso C. wrote:

> Primero que todo saludos a todos de la lista, este es mi primer correo y
> espero tener suerte (espero que alguien sepa español)

Fabian, I can read a tiny bit of Spanish, but you'll get more and
quicker help in English. No-one will bite you if your English isn't
good. Chances are our Castilian is worse.

> Lo quiero implementar para que trabaje junto con Postfix (que tambien tiene
> amavis-new, clamav en un RH8) par frenar los spam.

Red Hat 8 is not a good idea. There are no "errata" updates any more.
Running computers without patches on the Internet is dangerous
(peligroso).

> Te cuento baje las fuentes de la version 1.0.1 y lo instalé así:
>
> # ./configure
> # make
> # make install

There should have been a routinely "make check" before "make install".

> Ahora necesito crear la base de datos, pero hasta aquí tengo las siguientes
> dudas:
>
> 1)    Como creo la base de datos, y donde?

That is your decision, it depends on if every user needs a database, or
you want a system wide one. It appears from 3) you want a system wide
database.

You'd usually collect a few hundred good and a few hundred spam messages
and load them into the database with bogofilter -n (nonspam) or
"bogofilter -s" (spam). Either will automatically create the database.

_Where_ the database is created, is also your decision. The default is
$HOME/.bogofilter, but you can use -d DIRECTORY to override this, for
instance, use -d /var/lib/bogofilter/ if you wish.

Bogofilter can read mbox files, Maildir directories, MH directories
directly. I believe we have examples in the FAQ (which is available in
English and French).

> 2)    Una vez que cree el archivo de DB, como lo voy llenando de
> información?

See 1) above.

> 3)    Me contaron que tengo que crear 2 cuentas de correo
> nospam at midominio.com y spam at midominio.com para que los usuarios vayan
> enviando los correos nodeseados y deseados a una de estas cuentas
> según corresponda,
> así alimentamos a la DB con los spam y lo que no 	son,
> cierto?

That is one possiblity that works. These accounts would feed incoming
mail to bogofilter -s or bogofilter -n. There are also scripts available
(search the list archive for announcements) that can extract
attachments, so that you can make your users forward the messages as
attachments.

Finally, you need a way to run bogofilter for incoming messages, and
have it add the headers. This might be a system-wide /etc/maildroprc
configuration, for instance, if you use maildrop to deliver. Else you
need to set up another stage of content filtering in Postfix. Check
doc/integrating-with-postfix.

> Atte.

Please do not use abbreviations, non-native speakers may not be able to
understand them. Or would you understand German "MfG"?
(This should have been "Attentamente".)

Kind regards,