SuSE9.0 bogofilter=ok; SuSE10.1 bogofilter=nok with kmail

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Sat Dec 23 01:02:22 CET 2006

Thomas WALTHER schrieb:
> Hi,with SuSE9.0 Bogofilter is running fine as described in Daniel Kratzert`s
> Mini Howto:"find ~/Mail/spam -type f | bogofilter -vvv -s -b" for spam and
> the corresponding "find ~/Mail/nonspam ... -vvv -n -b" for nonspam. Each
> command takes about 10 minutes (1000 spam and 1000 nonspam), the whole screen
> is filled wit runnung comments and the created wordlist.db is a 5.6MB-file.
>
> Now with SuSE10.0 with the same spam and nonspam folder each command takes
> about 3 seconds (!!!), no comments are written on screen, only the result:
> "56345 words, 938 messages".The created wordlist.db has as well 5,6 MB, but
> bogofilter is not running. All incomimg mails stay in the inbox. Anybody has
> an idea, what to do ? Legolas

Try to understand what the commands you're entering actually _do_.

Whatever is written in Daniel Kratzer's "howto", is not part of the
official bogofilter material, and those registration commands you've
shown are definitely not supposed to move any messages around.
If 10.1's bogofilter register faster than 9.0, all the better.

I'm certainly not going to read some fourth party how-to in order to
find out what you expect some KDE third-party application to do, and you
should not panic just because the update changed the screen appearance...

About asking questions and reporting bugs:

At the very least: What did you do, what did you expect the
computer to do and what did the computer do?

HTH,