image-only spam -- ideas, what to do?

dhottinger at harrisonburg.k12.va.us dhottinger at harrisonburg.k12.va.us
Wed Dec 13 01:30:36 CET 2006

Quoting John Villalovos <sodarock at gmail.com>:

> On 12/12/06, Bill McClain <wmcclain at salamander.com> wrote:
>> Bogofilter relies more on header information in these cases. I found it
>> useful to set "block_on_subnets=yes", which adds ip address information to
>> the database (and expands the database token count by about 20%). Ip address
>> ranges can be very good discriminators.
>
> I add this to my /etc/procmailrc.  It adds a header if there is an
> inline image.
>
> :0 HB
> # If it has an inline image, put in a header to indicate so.
> * src=(3D)?\"cid:.*@.*\"
> {
>     :0 fwh
>     # Make sure space at end of header.
>     | formail -I"X-Inline-Image: "
> }

You added that to your bogofilter config file?  Do I have to recompile
to add the subnet info?  My spamfilter is catching over 30000 emails a
day.  I have things set up so that my users (around 720) report emails
as spam.  Then I go through these emails and import them into
bogofilter with a little script.  Will the larger database be a
performance hit?

--
Dwayne Hottinger
Network Administrator