image-only spam -- ideas, what to do?

John G Walker johngwalker at tiscali.co.uk
Tue Dec 12 13:05:40 CET 2006

On Tue, 12 Dec 2006 11:44:09 +0000 (UTC) Matej Cepl <ceplm at seznam.cz>
wrote:

> http://news.yahoo.com/s/zd/194218
>
> Are there any ideas what to do with stuff like this? They are getting
> too often for my liking through my filters...

I'm impressed by how much doesn't get through. Bogofilter is currently
picking up around 86%-87% of the spam I receive - and that's using the
default parameters. Every so often I get a burst of spam that it
doesn't pick up, but it learns pretty fast and they soon get dumped
liked the rest. I'm thinking of tightening it up so that it picks up
about 95% (any more and I'd worry about losing ham), but in general I
find I can relax and let it do its work.

I was impressed by SpamBayes, which I use on my other PC, but
bogofilter is even better,

--
 All the best,
 John