bogofilter return value problem with procmail

Francois Visconte fv at kh3.org
Thu Dec 7 13:42:01 CET 2006

Hello,

I'm new to the list and bogofilter.
I'm trying to replace my spamassasin system with bogofilter (mainly for
memory resources reasons).
Learning steps are done and i use procmail and maildir format to store
my mails.

My problem is the following:
    - when i do cat /path/to/message_file | bogofilter -u -e -p   it works
    - when i put bogofilter in procmail and launch it manualy it works
    - when bogofilter is launched by postfix i have the following error
messages in my procmail.log and bogofilter don't do his job:

------------------------------procmail.log--------------------------------
procmail: [29212] Thu Dec  7 13:37:05 2006
procmail: Match on "< 256000"
procmail: Executing "/usr/local/bin/bogofilter,-u,-e,-p"
procmail: Program failure (-25) of "/usr/local/bin/bogofilter"
procmail: Rescue of unfiltered data succeeded

Here is my .procmailrc:
MAILDIR=$HOME/Maildir
LOGFILE=$MAILDIR/procmail.log
LOCKFILE=$MAILDIR/.lockmail
DEFAULT=$MAILDIR/
ORGMAIL=$MAILDIR
TEMP=/tmp
TRASH=/dev/null
VERBOSE=on

:0fw
* < 256000
    | /usr/local/bin/bogofilter -u -e -p

[...]

my .forward:
| procmail

I'm using bogofilter-1.0.2 with sqlite backend on OpenBSD 4.0

Best regards,
François Visconte