Spam in images

John G Walker johngwalker at tiscali.co.uk
Tue Aug 15 20:08:01 CEST 2006

On Tue, 15 Aug 2006 10:33:06 -0700 Bill Wohler <wohler at newt.com> wrote:

> Yes, but in a procedural program like procmail, not a statistical
> program like bogofilter.

Fair point. That's why I insisted that one word should be enough for
the email message to go through the normal (statistical) routines.

But the problem is that you can't apply statistical techniques to a
population of zero size. At the moment, the way things work, a message
of zero words gets automatically classed as ham. Hence the discussion
about analysing images.

What I'm suggesting is that whether a zero-word message is classified
as ham or spam should be under the control of the user, via an option
on the command line. The default, to enable backwards compatibility,
should be ham,

--
 All the best,
 John