Error checking Berkeley DB versions on Intel Mac

Chris Wilkes cwilkes-bf at ladro.com
Sat Apr 22 08:46:22 CEST 2006

I'm trying to compile bogofilter on an MacBookPro (the new Apple laptop
with the Intel chip) and I'm getting the following error when running
  ./configure --with-libdb-prefix=/sw/
(the "fink" program stores its files under /sw/, which is where my
Berkeley DB 4.3 files are located)

 checking how to link with libdb... -L/sw//lib -ldb
 checking db and dependent libraries... -L/sw//lib -ldb
 checking if a program can be linked against Berkeley DB and run... yes
 checking if Berkeley DB header and library versions match... no
 configure: error: db.h header file and db library version do not match.

Here's the part from the config.log file.  Any ideas?

configure:12741: checking if Berkeley DB header and library versions
match
configure:12783: gcc -o conftest -g -O2  -Wpointer-arith -ggdb -Wall -W
-Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Wshadow -Wbad-function-cast
-Wcast-qual -Wcast-align -Wwrite-strings -Waggregate-return
-Wmissing-declarations -Wmissing-format-attribute -Wnested-externs
-fno-common -Wchar-subscripts -Wcomment -Wimplicit -Wsequence-point
-Wreturn-type -Wno-system-headers -Wformat -I/sw//include  conftest.c
-lm  -L/sw//lib
-ldb  >&5
conftest.c:101: warning: function declaration isn't a prototype
conftest.c: In function 'main':
conftest.c:104: warning: implicit declaration of function 'db_version'
conftest.c:104: warning: nested extern declaration of 'db_version'
conftest.c:106: error: 'DB_VERSION_MAJOR' undeclared (first use in this
function)
conftest.c:106: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
conftest.c:106: error: for each function it appears in.)
conftest.c:106: error: 'DB_VERSION_MINOR' undeclared (first use in this
function)
configure:12786: $? = 1
configure: program exited with status 1