Qmail with Spamassassin (bogofilter to be installed) Question

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Wed Apr 5 12:50:17 CEST 2006

Ryan Pagquil <rpagquil at philonline.com> writes:

> Hi David,
>
>          Can bogofilter functions exactly like spamassassin?

No. Bogofilter uses different command line options and MUST be trained
before use.

> Can I use it with qmailscanner?

Probably. Note that qmail is unmaintained and quite buggy:
http://home.pages.de/~mandree/qmail-bugs.html

That said, documentation on how to integrate with qmail-qfilter (if you
haven't yet installed one) are in doc/integrating-with-qmail.

If you're fixed on the Perl qmailscanner solution, try searching the
web, for instance this comes up:
http://www.unixcities.com/qmail-spam-virus-checking/index.html

Note that I DO NOT recommend running bogofilter with "-u" option on the
MX servers.

> Is there a howto that explains in details installing bogofilter in a
> mail exchanger?

You need to find a way how to train bogofilter there first, but this has
been discussed several times on the list, so kindly search the list
archives.