bogofilter-0.96.8 a.k.a. 1.0.0rc6 testing

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Tue Nov 29 00:28:18 CET 2005

On Mon, 28 Nov 2005 21:02:53 +0100
Matthias Andree wrote:

> ".rp" <printer at moveupdate.com> writes:
>
> > For those of us who are ready to implement the new version on test beds,
> > would you prefere we wait for the official 1.0.0 release or use what ever is
> > the stable version when ready to test ?
>
> If you have test machines to spare, please deploy 0.96.6 as soon as
> possible and let us know if it works.
>
> We cannot possibly fix bugs we don't know about. So testing 0.96.6 may
> enable you to find problems, and your report may enable us to fix those.

Sourceforge indicates that there have been 499 downloads of 0.96.6
files as of 23:20 UTC today.  Of those downloads, 443 have been
tarballs or rpms, which indicates the number of updates and new
installs of 0.96.6.  A week and a bit ago, there had been only 75
tarball/rpm downloads.

The number of problems reported is 2:

  1 - the make check problem for which a patch has been released

  2 - a second make check report with 8 of 44 tests failing.
  Additional info has been requested, but not received.

Current plans are to roll the make check patch and some documentation
changes into 0.96.6 and release it as 1.0.0  either tomorrow or
wednesday.  Of course if any show stoppers appear by then, they'll be
fixed and the countdown clock will be restarted.

Regards,