about the make check error

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Wed Nov 23 04:49:11 CET 2005

On Tue, 22 Nov 2005 14:27:13 -0500
Zhenyu Zhong wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have compiled the source code successfully but when I do the make check,
> it complains that there are 8 out of 44 tests failed, 2 tests were not run.
> Would it be a problem when I run it ? If is would it be serious?
>
> thanks
> zhenyu

Greetings zhenyu,

8 of 44 tests failing is more than I would expect.  What is the output
of "bogofilter -V".

Is the result for 0.96.6?  Which operating system are you building on?
What CPU type? What are your ./configure options?  Which tests are
failing?

Do you have a customized bogofilter.cf file?  If so, can you
temporarily rename it (perhaps to bogofilter.cf.save) and run
"make check" again and report the second set of results?

Additional information that would be useful:  for the first couple of
failing tests, can you run the manually and use the "-v"?  Doing this
leaves a result directory on your hard drive.  If you then create
a .tgz file for the directories and email that to me (off-list), I
should be able to determine what happened?

Regards,