What does charset do?

Torsten Veller ml-en at veller.net
Thu Nov 10 15:35:47 CET 2005

Hi,

what is the use of the --with-charset option and what is
charset_default used for? The documentation i found didn't help me to
understand this features.

In my old ~/bogofilter.cf file there was the setting:
| ##charset_default=unicode
which i tried. But it made latest bogofilter doing strange things.
Is unicode valid? (It's not in the latest bogofilter.cf.example.)
Is it from/for iconv lib?

charset_default=iso-8859-1 seems to be the default, so
bogofilter.cf.example is not correct:

--
Regards Torsten